Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A little slice of stringham life

Okay, so yesterday I gave Owen one of those biter biscuits because Kelsey said Jaeger gummed on one and made a mess (which is cute and entertaining I'm sure) and because Kent's aunt gave Owen a graham cracker and he liked it. Then, I look away for like two seconds and the child is gagging because he tried to stuff the whole entire biscuit in his mouth! I pick him up and start patting his back and out comes milk from his nose and mouth and a hunk of biscuit. Yeah so he barfed cause he gagged. Scare me to death! Guess we won't try that again for a while!

Also yesterday we went to dinner and a movie, so nice! Gotta love date nights out on the town instead of driving each other crazy in the house. Kent fished while Owen and I chilled in the car then we stepped outside to see the fish jump and hear the water roar over the fall, Owen was fascinated. Then we drove down the road to our favorite little diner, Frostop, and had burgers, fries, and the best root beer ever! Everyone googled over our adorable and smiley baby (including Kent). Then later Kayla and Aaron, our lifesavers, watched Owen and we went and saw Avatar. We really liked it and then it was so funny because Kent went home and googled it to see if the guy really was in a wheelchair and then he watched the trailer 3 times. haha

Then on Monday, my friend Amanda came over and we figured out my sewing machine and I started sewing my skirt and the thing runs as smooth as anything and the stitches look so great! Only problem is my waist is bigger than my hips (or so it seems, sad day) and the dress sides poke way out, so I will have to taylor it down.

The weekend was great, Kent's parents and his sister Kami (who graduated also) came to Rexburg and we hung out and talked Thursday night. Then Friday while all the boys went shooting, the girls went to town to window shop then we all met up to eat graduation celebration dinner together. Saturday we had to be to the gym at 8 a.m. and it was a long sit during the commencement speakers. Then Kami's convocation was next (Kent decided not to walk because it was at the same time as Kami's) and by this time Owen had fallen asleep in Grandpa's arms, so cute. At the end when everyone clapped it startled Owen so bad from his sleep, oh man. Then we went to the BYUI sign and took turns wearing the grad cap for pictures. Then , then we beat the crowds by heading to IF to eat dinner at the buffet and crash back at aunt Susan's to watch a movie and nap. Fun, fun

Well, next up is Kraig and Becca's wedding on the 17th, not looking forward to driving all day Friday and then turn around and drive all day Sunday. But, I AM looking forward to being in the Columbia River Temple and witnessing the ceremony! Also looking forward to seeing the Peterson family!

7 comments:

Kelsey Peterson said...

Yea I am so glad you posted even if there aren't pictures. Sounds like your date night was fun!
I miss big fun events where family is all together and they do stuff and stuff. Like the guys doing something and the girls shopping sounds real fun.
Congrats Kent and Kami!
I hate it when Jaeger gets startled from his sleep it is so sad.
Can't wait to see you.....FYI I will probably call you but if not I wanted to tell you that I was wondering if you could smuggle a sister in your vehicle to come visit me on your short trip to Washington.

oh and I am sorry but I laughed so hard! at the owen choking thing...and what is a coincidence is that I just posted a video of Jaeger eating his. Maybe because I have given him things like toothbrushes that he has learned when to stop shoving things in his mouth.
Wait he started it with his whole fingers thing. He would always gag himself. haha sorry I created such a tramatic moment for you!

TeElle said...

Hen looks so big in that picture where he's standing up, my baby's seven months and I don't dare let go of him while he's standing, he's way to bouncy and wobbly on his feet! You've got an adorable kid, looks like you're having fun!

Kamilla Bell said...

loved the update! Have fun on your trip! Any chance I'll get to see you on your way? I know I'm probably not a big priority seeing as just a second stop but, maybe on the way home eh? No pressure.

Kaycee Suzanne Allred said...

Ah!!! About that experience with Owen choking and throwing up!! But kind of made me laugh cause I knew how stressed I would be if that happened to me. I miss all of you!! =( I didn't know they were getting married this month?! Wow! I want to see an announcement...thats so cool!! You will have a good time. Have fun visiting the Peterson's!!! Wish I could.

Kayla and Aaron Stewart said...

I am so sad that owen had a little tramatic experience and I love love loved babysiting him!! Sorry if I wasn't nice to you on the phone today for some reason I was a little stressed. I love you and Loved your post!!

Madi said...

I love reading up on your life! I think its crazy that you and I are both in Rexburg and we never hang out! :( We need to soon! Have a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Kambria,
Thanks sooo much for inviting me to your blog. I LOVE all the pictures of owen and it's so fun to see how he's changed each month. I also got caught up on all the other nieces that you follow. It was super fun. I've been thinking about doing a blog for awhile now but haven't jumped in and made it happen. Thanks again for the invite. Hopefully I'll get my act together soon and get a blog going.