Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

What I Think are Helpful Hints

Hint #1 - I always check my email in the morning and now I get notified when a new comment is posted on the blog. This is especially nice when people comment on an older post (Like Kaycee did on last months post; You are so welcome Kaycee!!). Here is how to set it up.

Go to the Dashboard. Of the 4 top tabs click on Settings.

Then click the forth tab called Comments.

Scroll down to the bottom and find Comment Notification Email. Enter in your email address and click save.


Hint #2 - Protect your pictures on Facebook! All my pics were open to everyone and I changed it to friends only. I found a tutorial video ( the guys voice is annoying but oh well) here.

Hint #3 FREE web filter (remember my purse tag with the K-9 instructions? yeah) here. I liked the suggestion our bishop gave to create a password where the wife knows the first few characters and the husband knows the last few characters, that way you both decide whether to allow a site.

4 comments:

Kelsey Peterson said...

Sounds like you have been busy with the study sessions. Great hints....I don't have to worry about viruses but filters....yes thanks dog!
Love you....this isn't exactly the post I have been waiting for but a post nonetheless, so I am NOT complaining!
Yea!

Kamilla Bell said...

thanks for the comment notification stuff. I love it. I'm going to do it right now.

Kaycee Suzanne Allred said...

haha I will do that!!! Sorry I saw my name so I had to see the post haha! And...um I am trying to figure this blog thing all out and I want to put more on it like pictures on the side, about us on the side, and I love your TIDBITS...mine is just thin little spot to put post...anyway how do you make it bigger to add more to it oh and I love the big picture of you guys and the year and STRINGHAM STORIES thing...anyway maybe you can call me or just comment or something anyway thanks =D by the way thanks for helping my that one time I love this bloggin thing =D

Kelsey Peterson said...

okay well you at least need to post something new. Like I am alive....I am excited to see Kelsey.....
I mean I have posted dumb stuff just to post.
Your turn. love you! haha you know I check it like three times a day....and this is number two, so if you don't post by the third time I look you are in trouble!