Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Six New Things at SIX MONTHS!

Spitting and trying Sweet Potatoes. Then spitting and sweet potatoes together which makes for one messy but cute boy.
Scooting. Owen does not like to be on his stomach for long but he was trying to reach my feet and pushed his upper body around to play with them. He can scoot about 180.

Sitting. Owen has always had upper body strength but he is reallly pushing himself up now when he has a little support behind him. Here he is in his car seat; he also sits up in his bouncer and the boppy. When I lean him into the boppy on the couch by me he topples forward because the couch is squishy and propels him the rest of the way forward.

Sleeping. Yea! It has probably been about two weeks with this one where he only wakes up once in the night to be fed. Usually the second time I can give him his binky and he falls back to sleep. He has also been pretty good about a nap schedule too!
Shrieking. I am so mad, I have tried three times to load the video of Owen shrieking and spitting. Maybe I will try again, but suffice it to say he gets real excited when one of us comes into the room or talks to him. He will also spit little bubbles, maybe a sign of teething??
Slim. Lastly Owen is stayin' slim or more like staying 18 lbs. At 5 months he weighed 18 lbs and three weeks later he weighed only 18 lbs. 3 oz. This is probably a result of eating less at night and I am stretching him during the day.
So there you have it, our cutie pie is half a year old!!!
Side note - Does anyone want to hear about my grocery savings adventures?

7 comments:

Stinebaugh Family said...

yes I would love to hear what you got!!

Kayla and Aaron Stewart said...

Kambria I love you and Owen is so cute! I am so mad that that video won't load it was so cute and hilarious! I would love to hear the things you got!

Colliers said...

I love hearing grocery saving adventures, especially if it is something I can do too.

Owen is adorable. How fun to see him growing up and learning new things.

Kelsey Peterson said...

Very creative and very cute! I love all the pictures and I can't wait to have Jaeger try baby food. I love the happy shrieks too. If he is scooting crawling will come too. Jaeger would sit up in his bouncer too and I got nervous it would tip over so I gave it back to Karli. Jaeger isn't even 18 lbs. almost but not quite.
I have gained a greater appreciation for what you have had to go through with your sleeepless nights. Not fun as I found out.

Kelsey Peterson said...

oh and yes to the grocery savings.
can't wait to see you somewhat soon!

Kamilla Bell said...

He's getting SO BIG. I loved the updates!

TeElle said...

He's so big and smart! You should post more pictures of you!