Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Eventful Fourth.

Kent and I celebrated the 4th of July by spending the day at Yellowstone National Park. This picture is of the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone; really it was very, very deep and it was breathtaking!

Just our luck we saw these three black bears only 4o yards away! They were very playful and I loved thier brown noses.


Can't forget the buffalo of Yellowstone, this big bull was actually quite close to us as well.

A herd of elk cows and thier calves were in a part of the park called Mammoth. Kent said that every year his family has gone to Yellowstone they have seen elk in this yard.


We had a picnic for lunch and then later went into the town of West Yellowstone to eat some good old barb-que pork sandwiches. Then we headed to Freeman Park in Idaho Falls to watch the freedom celebration fireworks with Kent's aunt and uncle.

About forty minutes of non-stop fireworks are shot up across the Snake River in sync to festive fourth of July music. Very fun, even though traffic is a nightmare afterwards as everyone in Idaho tries to leave and get on the freeway.

2 comments:

Kelsey Peterson said...

I am so glad you posted about your fourth. Sounded fun! Oh and your fireworks picture made me sad we only saw ours from a distance cause they are so much cooler close up. Good photography!

Kelsey Peterson said...

I have to say I looked at your post again to show Lance and we watched the video and it was quite funny. I love how Kent was trying to get you in the picture and he was really close. It was just funny to me. I loved it.