Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Transcription Training--all I do these days

My cousin Mickele asked me how my medical transcription training is going and my answer was so long that I deleted it and decided to make a new post. (Mickele does medical transcription.) Becoming certified and employed is my number one goal right now (besides my number one priority of getting our baby here healthy).

So the program I am doing is very in-depth I have decided. I have had lessons and quizzes on everything from grammar and typing tests to anatomy and medical word building. I am still working as a secretary at BYU-I and in between calls and solving customer problems I work on the lessons all day!

After some pharmacology and document formatting lessons, I will do about 300 hours of clinicals or real work. I will transcribe audio files of doctors reports and recieve feedback as I improve my accuracy, speed, and research skills. These excercises will prepare me for the final and then the employers' tests.

I'd like to finish by the end of September and then have a week or two with the baby while filing out applications. Hopefully I will work part time or four hours a day(during the baby's naps).
Wow Mickele, I think this post is way technical and boring. But tell me did your course include anatomy and physiology and pharmacology?

3 comments:

Colliers said...

Yes it did. All of that, but I'm glad now because I can spell so many more words that I never knew before and it really helps. Thanks for the post. Good luck with all of it. I still enjoy it and my only problem is I would like to be doing more than I am. I hope you don't have any problems finding employment and it turns out to be the perfect thing for you.

Colliers said...

Oh and you're so nice to say that about your kid being as cute as Revan. It made me really happy. Thanks.

Kelsey Peterson said...

for some reason I am slightly jealous! I feel so lazy sometimes but it is SO nice to just read, sleep, and worry about cleaning the house. Along with a few things that come along....but I am proud of you Kambria you'll make it! Just imagine how much smarter you will be!