Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

38 Weeks and a Whole Family Update


 
Last week at 37 weeks, I had a day of very sore pelvic muscles and walking pulled the muscles even more and it was awful to feel so limited. Last week a lot happened at home too! Kent finished his study week at school, graduated and will study for his board exams at home and take them the first week of July. He has worked so hard and done so well. I am so proud of him!
The weekend brought my mom over to Boise to help me deep clean and get organized for baby. Owen loved showering Grandma with attention and love and didn't really need me as Grandma was so attentive. And my mom was the sole cleaner, we didn't do it together for motivation like I planned instead I had another bout of sore pelvic muscles and she made me nap and sit down. I did some shop work and organizing of the closets and baby bag. Her coming really kicked me in gear to finish all my preparations and plans for baby to come. thank you, Mom!

I just finished my mid-week appt and my strep B results came back positive which made me sad. My doctor asked if I had a desire to be induced at 39 weeks and I said no. I would much rather let my body do its thing and come gradual then having a forced labor. I'm not against pain killers like an epidural though ;)

So Kent and I celebrated our fifth anniversary at a new Japanese Steak House, without Owen. We were able to talk and focus on each other. It's been a crazy ride but I am so glad to have him by my side and to know that families are forever.

Kent was offered an on call job as a PT Tech at his last clinical place in Homedale! Still gives him time to study for the national exam and be around to help with the new baby!
Beccah had her baby girl, Lacie Jo, on Thursday!

Owen had an appointment on Monday with an allergy and asthma specialist. They placed 24 allergens on his back and scaled his reaction to each one. Of course the cashew one flaired up really bad. He also had a reaction to soy, grass, tumbleweed, cat and dog. No wheat, milk, egg, peanut, or mold allergies. The docotor actually told us to keep feeding him peanut butter to remind his body that it was not a threat (vs. the theory that a reaction to one nut will in time, cause a reaction to other nuts introduced). Owen loves his peanut butter sandwhiches and fresh peanuts! But when he goes to school we will just say he has a nut allergy to avoid confusion. Tree nut and insect allergies can escalate fast enough that she gave us a epi-pen and taught us how to use it. She also gave us a chamber to attach to his asthma inhaler for better intake of the albuterol. So yes, my child is in for an interesting summer outside!

1 comment:

Kelsey Peterson said...

Look at you lady showing me up in the posting biz! Love it and love you. I so remember those sore muscles. So painful to walk and even roll over sometimes. Oh so sad. It'll take a while for those to get better afterwards but still surprisingly fast!