Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Blessed

I really want to journal and then print out my blog book, so here it goes. The main reason we moved to the Boise area was so that Kent could get into the nursing program at a nice Idaho community college. CWI's nursing deadline was March 15th and we started working on the application process in January. Then we kinda got caught up in everything else and the deadline came fast. The last thing Kent needed was to pass a computer skills test and submit the results. No big deal, right? WRONG! Super hard test that talked about RAMS and data storage, blah blah blah. So he only was able to do one section and stress about the others while trying to study random bits, anyway we decided that he wasn't going to spend five hours in the testing center on stuff he didn't know and that the deadline would pass and we would look at other schools. We kinda got discouraged last weekend and couldn't understand why everything fell into place to move out here....until Thursday Kent was logging onto the CWI website and it said the nursing application deadline is extended untill April 1st! Who does that? What school changes an admission date that has been set at least a year in advance and gets hundreds of applicants!!?!! It is a miracle I tell you! So Kent has been studying all about Excel and Outlook and random computer info, while we cross our fingers that he passes the test on Thursday. Crazy,blessed! We are also blessed in the job area, that is what I keep telling myself, cause I am working everyday instead of M, W, F only. I really miss getting things done at home and being with Owen, but Kent is doing such a great job and really bonding with Owen and I know it is only temporary. Kent said the other day that he doesn't even mind changing Owen's diapers and he has been teaching him new words like tissue and eyes... Kent is half way through the CNA program and doing well in his two online classes. Clyde is a really good dog and we have fun all being outside. I feel bad that we don't make a lot of time for family, but we are still trying to get into the swing of things and work out a schedule to get everything done.

3 comments:

Randi Gardner said...

Aww I love to hear this! Its funny how things always fall into place... they seriously always do - even fi it takes a minute longer or it happens in a different way!
I'll keep you guys in my prayers! Good luck Kent!

Kelsey Peterson said...

Glad things are working out a little bit better for you. Hopefully it's not too much of a struggle. I am glad that Kent is bonding with Owen! So fun. Working full time huh? No wonder I don't hear from you. I have been nervous to call because I was pretty sure you were busy. I guess you can call me when your free and then we may finally do something together. I mean I haven't really done anything with you since you have moved out here. I'll being praying for Kent. Hope it continues to work out!

Kayla and Aaron Stewart said...

I am so happy that things are falling into place! I miss you guys I am glad Kent gets to bond with Owen. I am so sorry that you have had to work every day and on top of that you are being so helpful with mom! Helping her not to be stressed! Your talent is helping people be happy and getting things done super fast! Love you all!!