Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Our de-stress trip to Dixie

Well, Saturday, the fifth we packed up and headed to the Boise area to see our new place for the first time. Mom and Dad were so great in helping us watch Owen, plan, and pack away all our stuff! We are sure missing them and the girls! Kortney and Katelin came with Owen and I in the car while Kent drove the pickup and Uhaul. They were life savers; as Owen had a few fits in the car. Then Lance, Kelsey and Jaeger graciously spent thier day in town so they could be there when we arrived, later-than-planned, to help us unpack. Further, our heat was not turned on by the gas company so the house was very cold, ugh! Again the gracious Peterson's invited us to thier home for two nights and we had a fun chat, play and superbowl party. Monday we wore coats all day awaiting our gas to be turned on and trying to unpack. Believe me, we called the company plenty of times before moving, during moving and Monday and they had the gall to tell us to wait our turn and go buy a space heater for our baby! ANYway, on Tuesday we headed out to Washington to spend some time with Kent's family as our schooling and work wouldn't start till the following week.
Kent got in on the "preparing" of the family chickens for dinner. He also went coyote hunting every day but one with his brother and Dad. Us girls, Beccah and I, went shooting the first day and we are both excellent shots if I do say so myself!
You better believe the girls got thier craft on! I brought some silk and buttons so that we could make flower clips, headbands and pins! All you do is cut varying sizes of circles and candle flame the edges to make them crinkle then you glue the layers togehter and voila; attach to your choice of findings. (Picture of finished product to come!)
Owen joined the cool crowd to furniture shop for couches, table, chairs, etc!
Bec, my sister-in-law, had some unused chairs in the garage that she offered to us. So we went shopping for paint and fabric! Tons of fun! Here is the before of one of the chairs and ................................................................................................................................................................


THE AFTER!
My kitchen is red and turquoise and these chairs are perfect! My MIL helped me shape the foam and staple the fabric onto the chair seats! And later I will find two more chairs to refurbish and complete the set!
We had a fun week of good company and good food. Owen ran around talking and kissing everyone and they loved it. We attended the Walla Walla stake Valentine's dance and that was fun if not awkward for us as we have four left feet ;)

2 comments:

Kelsey Peterson said...

I was UBER excited that you posted. I was temtpted to drive out to your place today because I wasn't having a great day. But I am glad you posted. Glad Kent got his fill of some hunting and that you did some cute crafts. They are way cute!!!
I love your chairs and need to replace our wobbly ones. Maybe I will thrift purchase some and have you help me. But I need to decide what my dining room colors are. Love you and so glad you posted. Talk to you soon!

Kaycee Suzanne Allred said...

I love that picture of Owen! haha so so cute! And I love what you did with the chairs!!! Awww so so so cute! Love it! I love seeing the before and after shots of things!! It portrays what how different it is and the work that was put into it! Miss you and love you all!!