
In the middle of April, I caught the sewing bug and was dying to use my new machine to make some cute spring skirts for church so that I wouldn't have to wear my black ones anymore. So I followed the directions real careful like and measured my waist and hips to find the right size. Well, lets just say I have no hips (cause I for sure don't have a big waist) Apparently, the medium size is not the right size, at least hip wise.

But I love the fabric and the zipper turned out swell, so I will just size it down. Check out this new fabric below, I am in love with it! Another skirt, but this one is gonna be scrunchy waisted.


On Saturday, my friends Amanda and Angie invited me over to make pork tamales from scratch. It was awesome! We boiled, then shredded the pork. Boiled big dried red peppers and tomatoes. Then skinned them and pureed them with cumin. Then mixed that sauce over the pork.

Next we set out a work station to put the tamales together. We laid out corn husks, then pressed out the masa or dough made of corn meal. Centered some filling on the masa, then rolled it up in the husk and tied it off to be steam cooked!

No pics of me cause I was dealing with a wiggly boy who kept grabbing the camera. But I did get to do each of the steps. It was a lot of work, but when I brought them home, Kent was impressed.


On Monday, Kent really wanted to go hiking for shed antlers, but I kindly reminded him that we have a baby. So he got this bright idea to fix Owen into his backpack.

Of course I nixed that idea immediately, by saying it would hurt his arm pits and might snap open and, and, and. . . Needless to say we didn't hike, we just went for a drive.

Wednesday I finally used up my Mexican ingredients from the basket by making tomatillo ranch dressing!!! Cafe Rio anyone? Such a good salad with fresh salsa and the dressing. You can find the recipe
here. Tomatillos are these green looking tomatoes with husks on them, pretty good flavor (cucumber like).

Today, Thursday morning we woke up to this weather!!! I can't believe it, so yucky. So yucky.

How am I suppose to take my baby out strollin? Huh? And I was doing so good with my exercise! We went to the park yesterday for the first time (camera was on the blitz) and tried out the slide, twisty coaster, and the swings!
7 comments:
Is that supposed to be a higher waisted skirt? you know like a belly button skirt? That is the new style.
cute fabrics though
I am so jealous of the tamales. I love tamales and would be so proud of myself if I made some. what a fun activity!
Kent is funny I am surprised Owen would sit in there like that. Poor kent. Does owey not fit in his backpack thing? (or did you sell it?)
Lance will be totally jealous of the mexican food. He LOVES, yes LOVES, ranch and tomatillo ranch would probably be amazing to him. and that salsa looks delicious I love salsa with avocados in it!
Sad day on the snow. Don't miss it a bit. We almost got snow but we were spared with rain as you know.
Have fun at the temple I think you should do sealings. I love that but I think next time we go we are going to do initiatories because we haven't done that in a while.
Do you like how I copied your tidbits with my FYI
I should have called you before I ate the chocolate but I didn't want to be talked out of it I just ate it! And sadly I don't regret it.
Oh, I probably need to sit it lower, but also it will be folded down with the facing and seams ;) I challenge you to make the ranch dressing!! I just used lowfat sour cream and made my own buttermilk with vinegar and 1%. It keeps good too, I think. (No more lowfat ranch for you!) The front pack thing was only for newborns. We need to get like a Kelty pack. I love your FYI! Let's not worry too much about the healthy challenge, but do call me anytime :)
I LOVE tamales! mmm.. the pregnant me wants one really bad now hee hee!
You need to movve to Saint George it was seriously high eighties yesterday and we are in shorts! I hate snow! yuck!
no no I wasn't saying the way you were wearing it made it look like a high waisted skirt I was just saying because the hips probably need to go where you measured your waist...I don't know.
I think I might do the ranch....thanks
deal on the healthy challenge I am done complaining to everyone I talk to on the phone. I have complained to Kim, Dad, you, Kayla and Kaycee....maybe I'll complain to mom and be done. haha
Owen looks so excited to be all strapped into that backpack. Too bad he couldn't go hiking with his dad. I'm so glad I don't live up there anymore...I had my fill of snow. It's May! Craziness.
Ha ha Kent is just hilarious! Man and Owen just looked so happy to be strapped close! I just laughed so hard at that picture. Danny loves to go hiking...I'll just have to try and get it out of his system before we have a junior, but so doubt I'll be able to do that huh. O well.
Love the skirt and the so cute fabric! Make me one! And you were able to do it with Owie, impressive Kam!
YOU BETTER DO THE TAG! YOU ARE NOT BORING AND PEOPLE TAG YOU BECAUSE THEY WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
do you think I got my point across
DO IT!
please
you can and you know you secretly want to which is why you have the draft.
Post a Comment