Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Owen thinks he turned 4

My mom has always made birthdays special with parties and fun cakes and pictures galore. So I kinda wanted to follow suit with my own. I did really good at throwing a party when Owen turned 1 and when he turned 2. It was fun for me too, to choose a theme, to make cupcakes, to get together with family, to see Owen happy. This year, I feel jipped. Owen is at the age where he loves the idea of presents and parties, just today Kamilla invited us to Wyatts and he cant stop talking about it and grinning and saying that he is going to give "Quiet" a big hug. (we are working on the "w" sound) Anywho, he chose a spiderman theme and we wrapped his presents and bought red and black frosting, but then I never got up enough energy to plan a get together. We didnt even go visit his best buddy, Jaeger because Owen had been feverish the night before. Oh well, he enjoyed the cupcakes!

 
We have been constantly working with Owen to tell people how old he is when they ask, because he usually just says his name for some reason. Well on his birthday he kept saying he was 4 and that he didnt want to be three as you can see in the movie I made. I think his answers to the questions are great, but he is a little restless and pantless. He hates wearing clothes and if I want to take a video I have to do it quick when he is in the mood :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The videos and pics are SO cute Kambria! Not sure how I missed this post before. He looks pretty thrilled in his cowboy outfit I think you did a great job with his birthday! Can't wait to see you guys again Owen is getting so smart and as always, is so cute!

Kelsey Peterson said...

These birthdays we put too much emphasis on. I think I shot too big on Jaeger's last one that his next will be a bit of a let down. Just think you can only go up from here! haha But I think you did perfect. Gave him a happy day all about him and things he loves. He can't ask for more!
He is pretty darn cute! And yes that is a reflection of you. No matter how much you think you don't have much to do with it. He is molded by you in a lot of ways.